Severe Symbol Limitation

Hello ,

Severe Symbol Limitation

The eSignal sever symbol limitation when comparing eSignal to other
internet feeds such as DTN IQ who gives you 1300 symbols etc.  Has me
doing some house cleaning to eliminate any and all unnecessary symbols
that I may have in my T2000i server portfolio.

I have noticed something significant about eSignal which makes this
severe limitation even more cleaver on the part of eSignal.  They
LIMIT you according to symbols "get it" they should be limiting you
according to markets or in the case of futures by commodities.

Why this is important is that they use many more symbols to
describe a commodity such as day traded sp and night traded sp

Day Session Only: add an equal sign, 2 (SP H1 = 2) eSignal only
Night Session Only: add an equal sign, 1 (SP H1 = 1) eSignal only

Now add the fact that they have a continuous contract as well

Day Session Only: add an equal sign, 2 (SP #F = 2) eSignal only
Night Session Only: add an equal sign, 1 (SP #F = 1) eSignal only

And that fact that if you use the original non adjusted futures to
power something like TS2000i where you need historical data for
systems and you need to be collecting data all along for the next
contract out. If you do this and you must do this if you are systems
trader you have effectively at least 6 "Symbols" collecting for "One"
"Commodity" and if you add the fact you may need the Cash and the Prem
your looking at 8 "Symbols" for "One" "Commodity".

So my point is the while I try and live with the sever limitations of
eSignals symbols delivered for money spent.  I find it dismaying that
the company charges against you the use of "Symbols" rather than
"Commodities" after all an "SP" is an "SP".

I would not be forced to be so critical of this sever symbol
limitation if it were even half of what the competition offers.
Example with Quote.com there is no limitation what so ever and they
have history going back years not months. DTN IQ offers 1300 symbols,
PC Quote has no limits as far as I can tell fro the web site and
eSignal has what they call their Futures Trader special which at 200
"Symbols" doubles the 100 - yes can you belive that 100 standard
symbols.

I think that eSignal needs to review their policy as customers
review their options.

Other vendors like DT IQ "at the moment" will not hook up to TS
without a converter as Quote.com also.  Yet PC Quote will hook up to
TS native without a converter.  Yet PC Quote does not have foreign
exchanges from what I can tell.  So it's yet another example of many
data vendors "forgot about futuresource and maybe some others" all
having something good yet they all miss the mark when it comes to
providing a complete and total data feed package.  If eSignal or
others would provide what the customers wanted and did so in a fair
way they would have all the business.

I guess it would be an unnatural order for one supreme data feed
service emerge especially since people like myself have and others are
working on direct Order Entry to TS interfaces - since we trade
electronically and get exchange direct data thru the electronic order
entry software such as pats or tt it just is becoming more feasible to
interface directly to that exchange direct data that you are paying
for anyway either on a per trade basis or a per month basis.

If data vendors don't wake up and realize that these possibilities
exist and provide customers with increasing service rather than
decreasing service like eSignals recently imposed "Regional" fee.
They may all wind up in various stages of "Extinction"!  This would be
a bad thing I think and so I am trying to appeal the whatever senses
the powers to be might have and their conscience to do he right thing.
Listen to what the market place is telling them and understand we are
not all sheep being dictated to without control of our destiny.

--
Thank You,
Mark Brown