TS2k stop problems

The stops in TS2k version 5.00.0822 have me completely confused.
I must be doing something incredibly stupid but I just can't get
them to work.  Here's the simplest stripped down example of my
troubles.  I apply this simple strategy to an IBM daily chart.

if date = eldate(06,04,2003) then buy;
exitlong at 82.49 stop;

All is well.  It buys on the close of June 4th and exits the next
day at 82.49.

However, if I change the stop to 82.48, the exit signal is given
on the 6th of June (a day late) at 81.25 even though IBM closed
at 81.74 on the 5th.

Other times the exit is given five or more days late
when all intervening bars are below the stop.  Sometimes the exit
is never given.

I'll greatly appreciate any advise you can give me.  I can't go
back to TS4 (dongle blew up) and with this problem I can't use
TS2k.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Brad