Re: Re[4]: EOD US Stock data

From: "Mark Brown" <markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> tsn> Yes, they will lock you out of new data. If you have created a
> tsn> portfolio wich saves the data into ASCII files you will not have
> tsn> that problem. The data will stay there and will not be
> tsn> deleted.... even if it would, you could make a backup of those
> tsn> ascii files.
>
> AGAIN you dont have enought hours in the day for the software to write
> out all the data you collect into ascii files.  again been there done
> that obviously you have no clue what you are talking about.  i have
> tried just that to save all the data in ascii - it is impossible to
> get their software to do it before the next trading session man.

I have no clue what YOU are talking about :-) And clearly
we are talking about a different kind of using a product.
I have a clue about what i am talking about but, clear to me,
i am a different kind of user than you are. So we can conclude
again, no two traders are alike.

I am not intending to write 60000 stock files to disk every day.
The 15 i watch are written to ascii within 1 second but i can imagine
if you would want to write all data it downloads into ascii files it
will take a little longer. No idea how long and indeed, it might take
longer than 24 hours.... (although that sounds a little long to me :-)

Apperantly you look at so much symbols, i don't. No idea what
Mark Morrisey intends to do with it but i can not imagine that he,
like you, would also want to download 60.000 symbols a day.

Then again, his name is also Mark... so maybe he would like to do
that :-)

Greetings