divergence indicator

Has anyone heard of an indicator that can be used to signal a divergence between data1 and data2? For example, S&P making a new x bar hi, with some market internal not making an x bar hi. I am not sure exactly what I am asking for, maybe something that gives a high reading on a divergence, a low reading on a confirmation. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Seth

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the help the other day on the question regarding varying contract size based on previous profitability...