Re: dtn: sat

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 12:55:09PM -0600, robert pisani wrote:
> i am attempting to go back to ts4. i use a dtn sat feed so am required to
> use dynastore's dtn:sat software to link dtn with the built in signal
> server. i am having trouble getting information into ts4 from dynastore. i
> have green lights in all but the quote monitor window (next to the close
> button) where i have a yellow.

Robert,

I've never had a misconnection since I installed the latest build, which
I assume you're using.  My Help->About says 5b16 build: 20030324.
Are you confident about the DTN receiver-to-computer plumbing?

The TS Signal server seems to do a false start, where the light in
the main Dynastore window "output" button stays yellow, and then
finally it goes green and all seems well.  During this time there are
some messages in the Server System Status log about no symbols or
somesuch, then finally it starts again with "Channel is set, blah
blah" and then says I have 8192 (I think) symbols, and the Dynastore
light goes green.  I really have only about 4 symbols.

I can restart my setup to get the exact messages if it'll help, but
maybe if you showed what your TS server is displaying it might give
us some hint.  Do you have just a few symbols in play, and are they
all in agreement between TS and Dynastore?  I recall getting a bunch
of errors in the TS log when I didn't have that right.

What does your Dynastore Status Monitor show?

I'll be happy to brainstorm and share what I've learned.  Maybe DB
will chime in eventually... :)

> does anyone have an idea of what i may be doing wrong? can anyone direct me
> to some recourses (other than the dynastore site) that could be of use?

This list might be one of the richer resources, I'm afraid.

Let me know other questions I can try to answer.

Jim