Re: Norton

I've used Norton for years.  I've only had two problems with a virus
or worm and those have been in the last month.  One virus arrived at
my doorstep before the weekly Norton update.  OUCH!  The blaster thing
was stopped by Norton but the event itself be it Norton's reaction or
a trickle of the blasted blaster messed up my workspace and turned off
Norton's  auto protect.  In this case the cure was more work than the
worm would have been.

Even if you could update automatically more than once a week Symantec
only has new virus definitions available for live update on Wednesday
afternoon.  You can run it any old time but Wednesday is the only day
it is there.  Intelligent updater is there Monday through Friday if
the virus activity is bad enough.  I guess the thing to do is build a
macro to go fetch it and let it install each day.

Bottom line.  I don't blame Norton for problems.  Yes it may be the
program that causes problems but how else will you stop the virus and
worm things.  It takes programs with that level of integration into
your system to stop this trash.

--
Best regards,
 Jimmy Snowden