RE: Fast Fourier "Transform": NO!

Date:  Fri, 25 Jul 2003 03:16:33 +0200
From: "Pierre Orphelin" <sirtrade@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Fast Fourier "Transform": NO!

Pierre,

You might want to believe you are a pioneer but here
are the facts:

(1) Hutson, Jack[1983] "Using Fourier" TASC Vol 2
Jan/Feb
(2) Warren, Anthony[1983] "Fourier Analysis! In a
Nutshell"  TASC Vol2 Nov/Dec

These articles gave the FFT code in Basic plus how to
use the FFT in trading stocks.

1.Burg, J. P., ‘Maximum Entropy Spectral Analysis”,
Ph.D. dissertation, Stanford University, Stanford, CA.
May 1975.
2.Warren, Anthony W., “Introduction To Maximum Entropy
Method”, Stocks & Commodities,  Volume 2:
January/February 1984
3.Warren, Anthony W., “Optimizing The Maximum Entropy
Method”, Stocks & Commodities,  Volume 2: March/April
1984
4.Warren, Anthony W., Hudson, Jack K., “Maximum
Entropy Optimization”, Stocks & Commodities,  Volume
2: July/August 1984
5.Hudson, Jack K., Warren, Anthony W., “Forecasting
With Maximum Entropy ”,Stocks & Commodities,  Volume
2: December 1984
6.Ehlers, John F., “How To Use Maximum Entropy”,
Stocks & Commodities,  Volume 5: November, 1987

These articles showed how to use MESA and provided
Basic code.

All these articles were available for free 10 years
before you claimed you are the "pioneer".

Next time, perhaps, you can do a little research
before you pound your chest.  Researching what has
been done in the past is the hallmark of competent
researchers and the current scientific method.

Claiming you have your unpublished pioneer work in a
box in your attic is pathetic.  No wonder why they
call technical analysis "voodoo" science.

As another omega-list subscriber said in a email
message to me.

"Pierre is just listening to his countryman:

	Originality is nothing but judicious imitation.
- Voltaire"