TS is the "best product on the market"?

Jan wrote:
>It is disgusting, immoral, etc., but they have the best product on
>the market and they know it and we, who're using it, know it too
>otherwise we'd have switched to something else long time ago.

Do they really have the best product on the market?

I don't think I've ever seen a good side-by-side comparison with
competing products such as eSignal, or WealthLab, or AmiBroker.

I do know that TS (at least TS2ki) has deficiencies that other
products don't have; for example, TS doesn't have the ability to
optimize on custom-calculated results, and TS can't do anything with
portfolios.

I'd been interested in trying WealthLab but last I looked, the trial
period wasn't sufficient for evaluation, especially since I'm a
programmer.  I'd only have a chance to look at it over weekends, and
there aren't enough weekends in the trial period to get familiar
with the software.

-Alex