Re: New TS CME DataFeeds, a Quick Review

From: "Adrian Pitt" <apitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> People complain about TS6/7's slowness in ES quotes, but does 1/4-1/2 a
> second really matter when all is said and done?  If someone blinks at a
> different time to someone else, that covers the difference!!  Lol  In an
> automated system your order 'may' get in line quicker, but unless your
> dealing in size does it really matter?  I get the feeling people are
> talking semantics when it all boils down to real trading.  Especially as
> most don't do automatic order routing.  Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are missing that not all people trade alike.

Where one trades EOD or Weekly systems, half a second is not important.
But some people scalp and have to make just a few points of profit per
trade.

Now maybe in reality the 1/2 a second would not make a difference
and in the end, after a years trading, the differences add up to nothing
(average out is the right word i believe)

For me, IF i would trade a system like that (wich i do not by the way) there
would be a much bigger problem being that you are not right on to it.
External
factors are influencing your decissions and that is something you don't
want.
There are many people out there and if lagging data is setting you a step
behind,
that gives a very shitty feeling. Emotions about things like that would be
very
high with me. You don't want external factors messing around with you,
trading
can be hard enough as it is allready.

As said, i don't trade like that, but even with longer time frame systems (i
trade
15 minute systems) i don't want to be taken by suprise. Half a second can
make a difference. Actualy, i am convinced it does. I have two systems
running
both TS but with two different datafeeds. pc's are set to synchronize with
an
atomic clock each night but one of the datafeeds is lagging, just a very
small
bit. The trades are in 50% of the cases executed at a different price. Most
of
the time only a 1 point difference (future trades at 2500 so 1 point is not
much)
but there you see that lagging can make a difference.

Greetings