RE: ZoneAlarm Pro W2K problems resolved with new version 4.0 (get a router, it's easier)

  • To: "dennis" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ZoneAlarm Pro W2K problems resolved with new version 4.0 (get a router, it's easier)
  • From: "Charles Johnson" <cmjohnsonxx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:17:04 -0700

A quick search on Google yielded the following for more information:
http://www.firewallguide.com/

Apparently routers offer a level of protection from inbound intrusion, but
ZoneAlarm also gives protection on the outbound side as well as another
layer of protection on the inbound side. Outbound protection prevents a
program from acting as a "server" and having the ability to send any
information it wants from your computer to another computer on the Internet.