Re: Email limits

Gerald Marisch wrote:

>My ISP limits the size of email attachments that can be sent.  Anyone know
>of an ISP to which I can subscribe / join that DOES NOT limit the size of
>attachments that can be sent?

I won't tell you what you want to hear.

This is one of my pet peeves, especially when people kill my mailbox
trying to send me multi-megabyte files:

*** If it's too big to send, it's too big to receive. ***

If there weren't limits to attachments, we'd be seeing far more
abusive denial-of-service type attacks and viruses.

Consider instead putting the file on an ftp site or web site.  I
have a free FTP server (GuildFTPd) on my computer just for this
purpose; I use it all the time to transfer files to/from it.  It
comes in handy when, for example, my father and I need to exchange a
15MB Excel file.  That size is flat-out impractical for email.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com