Re: Opnion on strategy performance

Doug:

>I would like to get some expert eyes on the following report to get
>an opinion if you think it is worth trading and understand the pros
>and cons of it.  I would send the full report, but can't attach
>it, if you are so inclinded to review, I can send you a formatted
>version if you reply to my email.

I could give you a better idea if you stuck a call to my
_SystemQuality function at the end of your signal, and let me know
the last two numbers that it outputs.  The last two numbers output
by _SystemQuality are expectancy (the amount you can expect to
earn for every dollar you put at risk), and expectancy score (the
expectancy times the number of opportunities to trade during a
year).

See http://unicorn.us.com/trading/el.html for the _SystemQuality
EL code.  Just copy and paste it into your editor (unfortunately
the blank lines disappear when you do this but the code still
works).  All you need is one function call to _SystemQuality
added to your signal code.  It outputs a conservative measure of
expectancy and expectancy score, which I describe on this page:
http://unicorn.us.com/trading/expectancy.html

I've found that my code that calculates expectancy gives a more
objective measure of whether a system is worth trading, than the
tons of statistics in the TS strategy reports.  The TS reports don't
give you results that ignore scratch trades or unusual outliers,
for example.  It's also nice to have one numerical result that you
can calculate for all systems, and compare them to determine which
system is better.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com