From: Sethw2@xxxxxxx [mailto:Sethw2@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 12:55 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Managing customer money...

Slightly off topic... I have been a proprietary trader managing firm
capital for a broker dealer, and am now considering starting my own biz
and taking in customer money. The question is, can I start a hedge fund
and trade a combination equities, options, and futures or does the
introduction of futures require CTA/CPO registration? Are the any
exemptions i.e. qualified investors so that I can include futures in the
mix without being a CTA/CPO? I know I can run a hedge fund without any
registration if I just trade equities, but I was wondering about
throwing e-mini's into the mix.

TIA,

Seth