RE: A joke & TS alternatives

At 5/21/2003 05:09 AM, Adrian Pitt wrote:

So when is PowerTrade going to be open for public scrutiny and buying?
Its been in private beta almost as long as Tradestation has been for
sale!! Ultimately its pointless making claims about a product when 99.9%
of the trading population arent even allowed to see or use it.

[By the way, the product name is not PowerTrade, it is PowerST which is
shorthand for "PowerST: The Power System Tester". A lot of people get this
wrong because the web site address is powertesting.com (obviously
powerst.com was not available).]

I don't see what is so hard to understand. I didn't start this thread. The
thread started because there was a post expressing interest in what is
happening with PowerST. Since I am happy to discuss the current status of
PowerST with anyone and everyone, I responded.

Actually, from this exchange I have received a number of private emails and
have already given access to detailed product information to two people who
agreed to nondisclosure. So, it isn't that product information is not
available, or even that the product is not available. I would take on one
or two new customers at this time if friendly people willing to start with
the current feature set emerge. But each new customer requires support,
especially at this stage because the documentation is only 85% complete. If
I take on too many new customers, I would spend all of my time on customer
support and have no time left for the programming of the remaining features.

I see no purpose served from opening the product to public scrutiny
(without nondisclosure) at this time. Hopefully when I eventually do that
it will lead to a lot of interested inquiries, but at this time I am not
able to take on more than one or two new customers anyway. My playing hard
to get with the nondisclosure thing has been regulating the stream of
inquiries to good level of finding enough pre-release customers to give
comments and help shake out the software, but not so many inquiries as to
swamp the development effort.

As I said in my post yesterday: "My first contact with all early users of
PowerST emerged from my occasional posts about PowerST to the omega list.".
So, my occasional posts to the omega list have definitely served a purpose.

I wasn't making a product announcement, only responding to someone asking
what is happening with PowerST. Believe me, there is nobody who would like
it more than me if PowerST was ready for product announcement, but I am not
going to announce it as a released product until it is 100% there.

Stay tuned! There will be more in the future, but I think this about
exhausts the topic for now.

Bob Bolotin
President, RDB Computing, Inc.
Developer of "PowerST: The Power System Tester"
http://www.powertesting.com
bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
847-982-1910