Creating DLL's for easylanguage

Hi, From what I have read so far there are problems with
trying to create a dll in visual basic. Is this still the case?
(I have TS2000i Prosuite and Visual Studio 6.0)
I know I can create DLL's in C++ but would prefer to avoid the
learning curve....
If it is possible could someone please send me a simple example
of a visual basic dll that I could expand on?
Preferably something very simple eg a DLL that takes as an input a string
If the input string equals 'hello' the dll returns the string 'hello'
If the input string contains anything else the dll returns the string
'goodbye'
Thanks in advance
nick