Macro Driver for Backtesting a List of Symbols

I tried to write a macro driver for loading symbols from a list one by
one under TS6.  The macro kept stalling so I gave in and bought a couple
months of RINA systems Portfolio Stream which basically does the same
thing.

There is a forum that addresses the issue of using a macro to step
through symbols in TSWorld.   Here is a post and a reponse from a TS
employee:

I have struggled with exactly the same requirement that Progster has
detailed - to be able to automatically submit a list of symbols to a
given chart analysis and save the performance report for each symbol.
The keystroke macros I have tried just don't quite make it. As you may
know, RINA Systems sells what is basically a keystroke generator for
$2000 or $200/month that does the same thing (with some nifty
reporting). Since a strategy must be tested (and retested) on multiple
markets (sometimes 100s), this fuctionality would be a key extention of
the TS chart analysis, and I was suprised to find it missing in TS6.
Providing a batch capability is a common extention of good optimization
software. Question: does this capability exist in TS7, and if not, when
will it be implemented?

Welcome to TradeStationWorld and thank you for the feedback. Portfolio
Testing is a feature we plan on having in the future. At this time, I do
not have a release date on when it will be available.

Thank you,

Stephen
TradeStation Technologies, Inc.

Here are a couple archived messages from the Omega list that address the
same issue:

 http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/1998/msg09155.html

 http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/2001/msg07545.html

Question:  Does anyone have a macro generator that can load a list of
symbols into a chart study?  Or, a least know  a good macro generator
that might be capable of doing so?  The Rina Systems people claim it is
very difficult to generate the correct keystoke sequence.

Peter McKenna