Help w/Bob Scott's Unfrag Utility

The Win2000 defrag utility has been leaving my 40sig.dat fragmented.
 Files that did not defragment:
2 Fragments    453 MB  \omega\server\sig\40sig.dat
1,082 MB free

I decided to run Bob Scott's Unfrag utility. All went smooth.

However, after running the Win2000 defrag utility afterwards,
I ended up with the following....

Files that did not defragment:
2 Fragments   453MB   \omega\server\sig\40sig.dat
3 Fragments   453MB   \omega\server\sig\4$sig.dat
636 MB free

I seem to have compounded the problem without resolving
the initial condition.
I copied my entire omega folder to CD before running Unfrag.exe,
so nothing is lost.

How can I safely get some diskspace back? What can be deleted?

What utility can I run to get the drive to defrag?

The 4$sig.dat files I can understand but
how did I end up with 3 fragmented 40sig.dat files where I previously
had 2 ?

I realize Bob offers his assistance with this but I'd rather take it to
the
list first to keep him from having to be free support for his free
software.

Thanks all....