RE: referencing indicator from signal [Global Variables]

> Subject: RE: referencing indicator from signal
> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:11:16 -0400
> From: "hcarvas" <hcarvas@xxxxxxx>
> To: "Tirebiter_g" <tirebiter_g@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> You don't need to reproduce the entire indicator code.  However, you will
> need a way to pass the indicator value to the signal.  One way to do so is
> use some utility, such as PushPop global variable
> (https://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4652).

A TS6 user has developed an ingenious method for implementing intra-chart
global variables:  use a TEXT item as data storage.  And of course you could
use multiple text items.  This might be used to solve the problems of 1) only
4 plots allowed and 2) not plotting from a system.

This is described on Tradestation World at

http://www.tradestationsupport.com/discussions/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8986

don