Re: code modification for "polarized fractal efficiency" (& Answer)

  • To: "Michael Holder" <mikee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: code modification for "polarized fractal efficiency" (& Answer)
  • From: "Clyde Lee\(SBCY\)" <clydelee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 06:31:31 -0700

This is from tradeststionworld.  Added length parameter.

{
Source:
https://www.tradestationworld.com/discussions/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4140
Indicator Name: PFE
Screen Name: TradeStation Technologies
Study Type: Indicator
Time Frame: Multiple
Date Posted: 06/01/2002
Categories: Momentum
             As discussed in the January 1994 issue of
             "Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine.

Modified by Clyde Lee to allow specification of length.

}

inputs:   Price(Close),
          SmoothignLen(15),
          BuySellLevel(50),
          Length(9) ;

vars:
  CalcPrice(0),
  PFE(0),
  C2C(0),
  COUNTER(0),
  FRACEFF(0),
  EMA(0),
  UseLeng(Iff(Length<2,9,Length));

CalcPrice = Average(Price,SmoothignLen);

PFE = 0;
C2C = 0;
COUNTER = 0;
FRACEFF = 0;
EMA = 0;

PFE = Squareroot(Power(CalcPrice - CalcPrice[Length], 2) + 100);

for COUNTER = 1 to UseLeng begin
  C2C = C2C + Squareroot(Power((CalcPrice[COUNTER - 1] -
CalcPrice[COUNTER]),2) + 1);
end;

if (CalcPrice - CalcPrice[Length]) > 0 then FRACEFF = Round((PFE / C2C) *
100,0)
                                       else FRACEFF = Round(-(PFE / C2C) *
100,0);

if Currentbar = 1 then EMA = FRACEFF
                  else EMA = Round((FRACEFF * 0.333) + (EMA[1] * (1 -
0.333)),0);

Plot1(EMA,"E");
Plot2(BuySellLevel,"BUYZONE");
Plot3(-BuySellLevel,"SELLZONE");

Clyde Lee   Chairman/CEO          (Home of SwingMachine)
SYTECH Corporation          email: clydelee@xxxxxxxxxxxx
7910 Westglen, Suite 105       Office:    (713) 783-9540
Houston,  TX  77063               Fax:    (713) 783-1092
Details at:                      www.theswingmachine.com