Re[2]: TradeStation 7 Feedback

A guy decides to get into trading.  He has something to start with.
Perhaps from hard earned money.  Perhaps from inheritance.  Perhaps
from all the easy loans he can get these days.  He opens a brokerage
account and gets to know the trading software it provides.

Phase I:  "I have something that no one else has.  It can do amazing
things.  I'm going to be rich."

Phase II: "Hmm: But it can't do this, and it can't do that.  I really need it to
do this and that in order for me to have an edge."

Phase III: "This software sucks, I'll try another piece of software."

Phase IV: Goto Phase I and repeat cycle until the money runs out.

The relatively large TS6-7 newbie crowd are now entering Phase II.

In a particular example, you hear the perpetual cry for years of
tick-by-tick data, as if it will give them an edge and solve all
their problems.

You do still see people in the business for years and did
quite well with SuperCharts, TS4, TS2000i.
People are still making money with TS4. These people managed to escape
Phase II.  They don't need the "latest and the greatest."  They don't
spend time blaming, complaining, and following the follower.  They
just solve problems, which are certainly not limited to finding another guru
or software.

TS has a balancing act to play, between the big money they get from people who instinctively
follow the follower, and the heat they receive from these fools who
routinely turn into an angry mob in a split second and without warning.