Re: Faking a Limit Order on Current Bar

> >Let's say you're trading with daily data, and you're running with
> >tight stops -- maybe a stoploss and profit target stops that both
> >fall within the range of one daily bar.  Which stops got hit
> >first?  Did the market hit your PT before it knocked you out for
> >a loss, or vice versa?
>
> this is easy to figure out. first time condition is met the order
> gets executed. suppose you have an order to sell off the high - stop.

We're talking about different things.  Alex asked about the
"resolution" feature.  I'm talking about what that feature
actually does, for backtesting (since it doesn't affect realtime
behavior).  You're talking about what you wish TS did for
realtime system execution.  Right?

> ps. as it is said the devil is in the details... slight error will
> cost you a trade and can throw your whole system off  and TS people
> so far have not shown total attention to details.  and it still
> shows... that's my little whine...

No argument there!
Gary