Re: Faking a Limit Order on Current Bar

> Maybe I could have the 1-minute bars in data2 and pure ticks in data1?

Nope. You can only have one data stream on a tick chart and you can't
mix tick and minute data. You can mix, say, 1-tick and 10-tick bars of
the same symbol but that's it.

> I recall seeing here a while back where you could specify something like
>  "if next bar high > next bar value1 then buy at xx limit"

You can do that with a DLL for backtesting, because the DLL can look
ahead at the next bar's high, but obviously it can't work realtime
(unless you have a time machine - I'd love to know tomorrow's high today
so I could get my orders in early. :-)

For realtime trading, but not backtesting, you can use another one of
the DLLs floating around to push an indicator or price value from one
chart to another chart. That will update realtime but everything will
disappear when you refresh the chart because the two charts aren't
sync'd in time so the right values won't be pushed at the right time.

--
  Dennis