Re: Faking a Limit Order on Current Bar

> Situation in TS:  Limit orders are good for the next bar only, and
> market orders work only on the next bar or the close of the current
> bar.  I can't place orders at the price I want on the current bar.

Exactly right.  You can't do that.

TS systems run at the CLOSE of the bar.  There is no way to get a
system to run before the close of the bar.  There are only a few
things you can do at the close:  buy/sell at the close, or place
orders for the next bar.  Period.  You can't do things "within"
that bar, because that bar has already closed.

If you want to act "inside" the bar, you must use shorter bars.
So e.g. if you're currently running daily bars and want to be
able to place orders intraday based on intraday price action,
then you need to move down to 60min or 10min or ... bars.  Then
when you see the desired price action on a 10min bar, you can
place your order for the next 10min bar.

Gary