Re: IB statements, SAR system

<Snip>
IB has also quietly dropped their hard limits on max
contract positions. This was a great way to prevent
accidently entering seriously wrong order sizes. These are
the first instances of IB thinking they know better than
customers what customers want. Hope its not the beginning
of a trend. If paying them 5 figures in commissions yearly
isn't enough to get noticed, maybe someone more responsive
could be forced to take my money 8-)
<snipped >

Terry,
I have complained about this as well. You have made an excellent point.  I can
think of no reason why this safeguard was removed.  If IB would take the time to
stop and think about this from a trader's point of view, then IB as well could not
come up with any good reason to justify the removal of this safety feature.  I was
told that IB had received complaints from traders asking that this feature be
removed.  I say, if that is a problem then just make the feature optional.

Although I same still very satisfied with IB, there certainly is room for more
improvement, especially from the Customer Service point of view. I'd love to see
them put this feature back into the TWS.  We need to stay on them in a positive
fashion.

Regards,

Tom