Re: anti virus interering with TS?

Hello Todd,

Thursday, April 10, 2003, 8:18:18 AM, you wrote:

TH> Do most of you TS 2000i traders keep your anti virus
TH> program running with the auto scan active while you
TH> are trading and collecting data?

Auto scan takes up resources and is not necessary to perform such an
operation during trading hours.

TH> I was told by a friend a long time ago that it is best
TH> to keep the anti virus turned off, because it may
TH> delay the data coming in. But I wasn't so sure about
TH> this, so I thought I would ask your opinion.

You may want to consider having ts 2000i on a computer that you use
for nothing else.  If you're using an online datafeed, just use a
firewall with ports opened for just your datafeed.  There is no longer
a need for an antivirus program in such a configuration.

Do all your other online stuff on another computer, which should have
both a firewall and antivirus.