Re[6]: mixing tick charts with other data streams

Hi Jerry,

JW> Could you post an example doing this with tick charts. I know when I looked
JW> at doing this sometime back it did not seem obvious.

  Sure, no problem at all.

  First,   make  sure  that  "pushpop.dll"  exists  in  your
  C:\Program Files\Omega Research\Programs directory.

  Create  two  tick-based  charts in your workspace, in this
  example, one would be $ES M3 and the other, $PREM. For the
  $PREM chart, apply the following indicator:

{**** PUSH Indicator ***********}
Inputs: Ref_Number(5),
        Daily(False),
        Output(Close);

Vars:   TT(0);

DefineDLLFunc: "PUSHPOP.DLL", VOID, "PUSH", LONG, LONG, LONG, DOUBLE;
DefineDLLFunc: "PUSHPOP.DLL", VOID, "PUSHCLEAN", LONG;

If CurrentBar=1 Then PushClean(Ref_Number);

If Daily then TT=0 else TT=Time;

PUSH(Ref_Number,DATE,TT,Output);

Plot1(Output);

   Of  course, the Plot1 line is not strictly necessary, but
   I  like  to  have  it  for  visual  confirmation that the
   "pushing" part of this process is occuring.

   Now  you  can minimize the $PREM tick chart with the Push
   Indicator   applied   (save  some  real  estate  in  your
   workspace).

   Next  we  turn our attention to the $ES M3 chart. On this
   one, apply the following indicator:

{****** Pop Indicator *********}
Inputs: Ref_Number(5);

Vars: Val(0);

DefineDLLFunc: "PUSHPOP.DLL", DOUBLE, "POPLAST", LONG, LONG, LONG;

Val = PopLast(Ref_Number,Date,Time);

Plot1(Val);

   Set  the properties to plot this one in it's own pane, or
   on  top  of  the  E  Mini  price series according to your
   preference.

   That's  it.  That  will  work with realtime data. I use a
   similar  arrangement to the above in one of my workspaces
   every day. And, as always, thanks again to Robert Linders
   for  freely  providing this very useful dll for us all to
   use!

--
Dave Nadeau
Fort Collins, CO