RE: taxes

> as i set here contemplating paying my 50%+ tax rate and how much more
> i will have to pay to finance a war, which the out come could have
> been easily replicated by a couple of Israeli soldiers if given the
> authority.
>
> i am also wondering about tax rates in other countries any comments?

Well, there's always the offshore route, but many of the programs have
always seemed to me to cross the line into tax evasion.

Here's one site, for example, that claims tax-free investing:

http://wwww.floathouse.com/legal/

Would love to see someone poke some holes in their strategy.

Interesting sources of info providing the other side are:

http://www.quatloos.com/offshore_planning_scam.htm
http://www.rpifs.com/
http://www.goldhaven.com/
http://www.offshorealert.com/welcome.asp

... among others.

Another approach I've come across is the use of business entities to divert
income not needed for living expenses into tax-exempt/ -preferred accounts.
I haven't actually done this myself, no point asking me for details, I'm
afraid.

Good luck, Mark.

Cheers,

Cab