"Waiting for data" on 2-symbol chart

I have some strange behavior in my TS2k.  I have a 1min chart
with ES, NQ, NDX, INDU, and TICK on it to give me a low-level
view of the market.  This has always worked fine.

A few days ago I started seeing a lot more flashing and
replotting on my charts, especially in this 1min chart.  Today I
noticed the 1min chart was displaying "Waiting for data" in the
top-left corner of the window every few seconds.  If I try to
"Format data" on this chart, I often hit it at the wrong moment
and get a "Waiting for server data" dialog box.  I've never seen
any of this behavior before.

I tried deleting and re-creating the window.  It stopped doing
it, but then started it up again the next day.  I tried deleting
symbols one by one, and I determined that just ES and NQ were
enough to trigger the behavior.  In fact either ES or NQ and
another symbol (INDU, TICK, anything) would do it.

Any ideas?  Should I delete the workspace and start over, or...?

Gary