Automated Trading From VB?

I would like to know if anyone knows a way to close
the trading link from a system running in VB?  Would like to
automatically buy, sell, set stops, change stops, monitor
confirmations etc from a real time trading system I have
running in VB.  Ideal solution would allow my program to
confirm the status of orders.

Possibly in an Excel spreadsheet which can be easily
controlled from VB program?

Tie into someone like IB?

Interest is in Futures and Commodities at this point.

Appreciate any information or direction from the list.

Thanks
pc