From: Mark Johnson [mailto:janitor@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 3:39 PM
To: Charles Johnson
Subject: RE: Paying taxes on hedge fund "Model Account"

At least within the US, there is an intermediary who holds
back a hunk of your IRA money and forwards the rest to the
futures trading entity.  This held-back portion is supposedly
to protect you from the unpredictable and erratic wild swings
of futures accounts. But really, it's a safety net to protect
the firm: it's held back in case you get a margin call and/or
get wiped out with negative final equity.