CORRECTION *** Re: ZoneAlarm 3.7.098 warning [Off Topic]

Daniel:

Strictly speaking, your statement that
	"If you use a dial-up connection, you do not need any type
	of firewall at all. "
is NOT true!

Dial Up connections CAN be an entry point for hackers, and
especially hackers with trojan horses.  The security of a dial up
connection is dependent (for Win2K / XP) on which services you
have enabled or DISABLED.

Dial up connections are particularly vulnerable to trojan horses,
spy ware, IP spoofing, etc.  Bad stuff.

Those who wish to forgo a firewall with a dial up connected
machine, it would be well advised to familiarize themselves with
windows services, and the intricacies of TCP/IP, Net BIOS, etc.

The router strategy you mention is OK.  Safe.

Have a safe computing,

Leslie

--
Regards,