Re: Moving database from TS4 Bonnevile to TS4 Signal

> Subject: Moving database from TS4 Bonnevile to TS4 Signal
> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 03:12:06 -0800
> From: "jbclem" <jbclem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I need to move my 1780 symbol database from TS4(Bonneville) to TS4(Signal).
> I know that the futures symbols are different but I'm hoping I can transfer
> the entire database and then rename the futures symbols that are different
> with Signal.  This is in preparation for a Dynastore/IQFeed hookup.
>
> I'm planning on a COPY OUT(Bonneville server) and a PASTE IN(Signal server).
> I need to know if there is anything  that is not so obvious that I should
> know about...or even if this will or will not work.  If anyone has done this
> please let me know.
>
> John

A  problem with TS4 server was that it could not COPY OUT large blocks of
data, no matter how much disk space and RAM you had.  It will give you some
sort of "not enough" error message (I don't recall exactly - it has been a long time
since I saw that message.)  You must do the Copy Out in small segments.  I had
a 1GB DAT file, about 500 symbols. I had to Copy Out in two-month chunks.
With 1780 symbols you may need to go smaller - it depends on how much data
that is.

donc