Re: Slope Differentiation

TS4 has Functions for LinearRegAngle and
LinearRegSlope. These functions are easy to compare
against time or absolute numbers. Over the years, I've
tried quite of few things using slope comparison of
moving averages, ADX, and the Yankees win/loss record
and have yet to come up with something useful. I hope
you do better.

Here's a ADX Slope Stochastic to waste your time on:
Input: SLLength(5),STLength(14);
Var: ADXSlope(0);
ADXSlope=LinearRegSlope(ADX(14),SLLength);

Plot1((ADXSlope-Lowest(ADXSlope,STLength))/(Highest(ADXSlope,STLength)
	-Lowest(ADXSlope,STLength))*100,"SlopeStoch");

> On Friday 28 February 2003 05:50,
> zaitech.llc@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I need a small bit of help. I know how to code the
> slope of a moving
> > average by direction
> > up or down. i.e.. through the following:
> >
> > Slope=X-X[1];
> >
> > If X > X[1] then Slope=1;
> > If X < X[1] then Slope=-1;
> >
> > What I would like to know is how do I make further
> differentiation in
> > the slope change, such that if the slope is
> greater or less than a
> > specific angle (for example  say 30 degrees ) than
> that Slope change
> > will define my slope direction?
> >
> > I have tried the following but  think there might
> be a more efficient
> > and precise way to do this.
> >
> > If Slope > PctgUp then Slope=1;
> > If Slope < PctgDn then Slope=-1;
> > If Slope < PctgUp and Slope> PctgDn then Slope=0;
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pdf name=slope.pdf

=====
JFB
Wading Pool Trading Co
New York City