From: "Paul M. Zislis" <pzislis@xxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>; "LPrice" <lprice1023@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 1:12 PM
Subject: Re[2]: The Due Effect......

Replying to your message of Friday, February 28, 2003, 12:53:13 PM,

My feeling is that the equity curve is telling us only second-hand
that our system is not working as well as it did in the past.  Rather
than focusing on the equity curve itself, I think it is more
profitable to focus on what it is about the market and system being
traded that leads to the poorer results; i.e., identify additional
tests or filters on trading based on patterns, your favorite
indicators, etc.  Of course, you need to be sure you aren't curve
fitting.  I agree that self adapting systems that make trade decisions
based on changing market characteristics is a better way to go than
basing trading decisions on the equity curve.