Re: New AMD nForceFX Dual Socket A Mobo.

Mike,
I think you would be better off simply using a single 2800 MHz AMD or Intel
CPU.  Using a dual CPU system adds to the complexity of your system.
However, if you are bent on installing a dual motherboard, there is a new
motherboard arriving from Asus. It hasn't been announced yet so you'll have
to visit http://usa.asus.com often to see when it arrives.

This is a representation of the mobo.  Notice the dual Socket 462's, 4 DIMM
sockets, dual P-ATA, 4 S-ATA, and dual 64 bit PCI slots:
http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA0NjA3NDc3N3hmTWc4TlQzcnFfMV8xX2wuZ2lm

The nVidia nForceFX chipset uses dual memory channels.  There is no faster
chipset for AMD CPU's.

AMD Bartons are supposed to support SMP but you'll have to confirm this.
You'll have to contact a third party, not AMD.  I do not believe AMD will
officially confirm if Barton supports SMP:
http://hankfiles.pcvsconsole.com/answer.php?file=17

AMD Bartons have 512 KB of L2 cache.  I can't imagine anything being faster
than a dual AMD Barton 3000+ system:
http://www.geek.com/procspec/amd/barton.htm

If you want screaming speed unmatched by any other system, until the dual
Hammer K8 mobo's arrive, then you want a nForceFX mobo with dual 3000+
Bartons.

Dual Hammer K8 description:  http://www.geek.com/procspec/amd/k8dp.htm

Daniel.