Re: Oddball oddities

> As to other market statistics there easily can be differences if
> they choose to either "sample" the data or provide all of what they
> receive.

And they may calculate them differently.  For example with
adv/decl issues and up/down volume, there are several ways you
could compute the index.  I once tried several ways to duplicate
DTN's uvol/dvol numbers, and failed.  I tried to find ANYbody at
DTN who knew how it was computed, and as far as I could tell
nobody knows.  It's magic.  "If the stock is up, it goes into up
volume, if it's down, it goes into down volume."  Thanks, that's
very helpful...

Gary