Re: FW: BASIC LONG TERM INFORMATION

Hello Michael,

MM> My testing shows that some markets changed character during the
MM> mid-90s, which made long-term trendfollowing on them a losing
MM> proposition.

trend following will always continue to fail over the long run. i made
the statement that an apparent trend is always in various stages of
whipping the crap out of whoever thinks they have just discovered
which direction it is trending. there is a big picture here and no one
sees it being blinded by lust for the unearned.

what markets do have is a rhythm that is as detectable as any other as
long as you don't get awe struck and hung up on the high notes and the
low notes.  being able to see the most repetitive pattern.

MM> Sofar it seems that this character change has been permanent, ie
MM> markets which became bad for trendfollowers never returned to
MM> glory.

ok time to start trend trading since you have discovered there is no
trend.  the best indicator there is a trend is about to start.

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx