TS4...alerts that won't stop coming

When I want an alert in an indicator, or showme, in TS 4 I use the standard
IF CHECKALERT THEN ALERT=TRUE.
The problem is that once the alert is triggered and I click OK to turn it
off, it continues to alert me everytime a new bar ends in that particular
workspace/chart.  This gets very obnoxious but at the same time I don't want
to turn off the alert, forget about it, and miss the next real occurrence
that triggers it.

Would someone show me how to write the alert into an indicator, or showme,
in a way so that the alert will only sound/show once and not again until
there is a another real triggering occurrence.

John