Re: win xp install

>Problem :: My old pc died, I was running WIN98. Got a new machine
>with WIN XP (home ). I can install Ts2000i up to SP4c, when I do
>the last upgrade to SP5 the program gets corrupted. TS comes up but
>will not chart anything, seems to corrupt the customer number.

Not sure, but I have some suggestions:

The SP5 upgrade requires that your temp directory is empty.  XP
might be using a temp directory other than what you think it's
using; often the current "TEMP" directory assignment points at
c:\documents and settings\YourUsername\local settings\temp.  It's
not like Win98, not enough just to clear out c:\windows\temp and
other places you think are temp directories.

Just to be safe, it would also be a good idea to de-install TS2K,
and then perform a hard disk check, complete with a surface
scan (you may have to let this run all night depending on your
hard disk).  Set it to repair any errors found automatically.
Defragmenting it might help too (after I installed WinXP on a virgin
hard drive it was pretty fragmented).

Also, go to http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm and
disable or reconfigure some of the nasty services that XP Home wants
you to run by default that you don't need.  It's possible that
something is interfering with you.  Also look at
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/supertweaks.htm
to fine-tune your OS for maximum performance.

You should also install the XP version of MDAC *prior* to installing
TS2K.  TS2K attempts to install this for you if it's not present,
and the version of mdac_typ.exe on the CD is old.  I think WinXP
may install it, but you should at least install an update from
http://www.microsoft.com/data/download_270RTM.htm

After you've checked and repaired your hard drive, tweaked and tuned
your OS, installed the latest MDAC, and made sure your temp directory is
empty, install TS2Ki.  Be sure to empty the temp directory after EVERY
service pack update.

--
 //  \
 // __)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com