Re: is there a review of major e-futures trading platforms? ----platform remarks....

From: Bilo Selhi [mailto:biloselhi@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 10:31 AM
> To: Omega List
> Subject: is there a review of major e-futures trading platforms?
>

> was wondering if there is/was a review/comparison of all major
> futures trading platforms ( excluding on-line web based platforms,
including
> java based ).

> x-trader ....(if this is TT it is by far the best....if you are willing to
pay $625 a month, they can send you a hard disk to demo)

> j-trader.....very fast, price and host disconnections happen
occassionally; we have exp some problems lately but most problems stem from
the traders' internet connection, recommended to use on a separate computer)
no monthly fees and fast, good support.

> tws.....been sound lately, except for stop issues, very cheap, does not
allow for alternative order placement if system goes down...

> ts....little experience with integrated system, but we use same order
entry platform...very easy to use, a bit slower than jtrader...

> redi.....never heard of it.

> zap....do they use Refco's platforms?

> cqg....used a platform through them, easy to use and gave us RT quote
feeds on everything for free, however, know they charge exchange
fees....Refco calls this Refco Live....if there is something else, I am
unaware)

> anything else?  Profills.....$175 a month, very easy platform...all kinds
of order placement options...integrated with realtime quotes and charts from
Futuresource....$125 w/o charts; PFG Best.....old standby, few upgrades in
last few years....rpice feed issues, easy to use on one screen. ( remember,
no on-line browser based platforms )

> if there is not, then i would be interested in starting the comparison
> thread.
> we can evaluate based on such criteria as:
> - speed
> - interruptions
> - gui, ease of use,
> - order types
>
> those who used several, please come forward and help sort those out.
>
> speed/interruptions would  depend on a specific IB, but we can try anyway.
>
> i looked at most of them and i am frankly disappointed with all but redi.
> anybody trading e-futures on redi?

bilo

Jeff M. Gilfillan
President, Windy City Futures.com

Futures trading is speculative and involves risk of loss. Nothing
in this correspondence shall supersede the customer
agreement.  Privacy policy is available upon request.