Charting problem with 2000i

Hello omega-list,

Thanks  to  those  that  provided suggestions.  As it turned out the
problem  was mostly mine.  After the program crash and restart, data
for  the  early  part  of  the  day  was  reloaded with Dynaloader for
e-signal  and was in the server but charting would only show bars from
the time I  last  restarted.
After  several tries at fixes and finally a  total  reinstall,
I was modifying the program settings  to  get back to my set up and
also had to update the holiday calendar for current holidays as SP5
only updates thru the prior year.
In  copying  from  the  holiday  calendar on another machine I use for
backup,  I noted that I had today Feb 12 as presidents day, a holiday.
Then  the bell went off.  What 2000i does on a holiday is during that
day  chart  any  data received but at shut down, erase that data from
the  charts  as  that  day  is  designated a holiday.  So everytime I
restarted  it cleared the charts but started charting for the rest of
the  day.   If  I  would  have  waited  until  the end of the day and
restarted  again,  or  the  day rolled over to tomorrow, all the data
would  have  disappeared  from  today's  chart.    The fix was just to
correct  the  holiday  list.   But given the crash I had early today,
I was sure some detail of the program was broke.
I  only  confess  my  dumb  mistake  in  the  hopes that someone might
remember it if they have a similiar problem.

--
Best regards,
 Roger                          mailto:mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx