TS4 on Win XP?

Hello Omega,

Well I did it - I am now trialling Win XP Pro.

Seems OK, the only thing that doesn't work is TS4 - has the "Security
block is missing" message plus the following:

" Parallel Port Class Driver for Windows NT4 and Windows 2000

The currently installed driver for this device is not compatible with
this version of Microsoft Windows and will be disabled during the
upgrade.

For more information about this driver, contact the device
manufacturer or visit the manufacturer's Web site. "

As we all know the manufacturers website is not a whole lot of use
for old stuff anymore, in fact I don't believe it has even been
updated in quite a while. It does have instructions for installing a
security block on XP, which are identical to those for Win2000.

I checked and re-did all the usual SSI things that are recommended to
make the TS4 security block work with Win2000/WinXP and they are all
in place, so it seems that I need an updated driver of some sort.

Interestingly, when I start the Global Server now it gives a "beep"
before it crashes.

Has anyone got Win XP to recognize the security block? If so would you
be so kind as to tell me what I have to do? TIA!

(Running Win XP Pro Corporate version)

--
Best regards,
 Ross                mail to: ross.bond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx