Re: "TS2001i fiasco"?

Cab,

Maybe.  When  I  started  trading,  I  used  MetaStock. When
OmegaResearch  introduced 2000i, I ordered it. It was pretty
buggy. I returned it and got my money back. I waited several
months, (I can not remember how long now), and reordered it.
The second version I got was much more stable. OmegaResearch
continued  to  work the kinks out of 2000i. 2000i eventually
got   stable.   Then   OmegaResearch   the   company  became
TradeStation,  and  decided to not sell 2OOOi or TS5 as many
on  this  list  call  it.  This made the TS4 users even more
upset.

The traders that were using TS4, felt shafted. Maybe the TS4
to  2000i  upgrade  path  and/or  maybe  the  price  was not
acceptable to them. I am not familiar with the offer or lack
of  one. Hell, after awhile TS4 users could not get TS5! And
if the upgrade price was close to what I paid for the 2000i,
I  too  would have been very upset if Omega would have asked
me for more money!!

I  do remember that when the group was called OmegaResearch,
the  support sucked big time. From my personal point of view
TradeStation now 'talks' with a different attitude. Probably
a little too late for many users.

TS7  is  coming up? I personally do not know how it is going
to  be  made  available,  does  anyone? Will it be stable? I
certainly  hope  so.  But you never know. They recently have
been  having  trouble  with  their  new 'stop order' system.
Today TS went down, no quotes! Data from others sources just
continued  streaming into my system while TS just sat there!
My alarms where going off left and right!

In  the  mean  time,  other  platforms are coming up strong.
Esignal comes to mind.

Regards,
Ernie
ebonugli@xxxxxxxx