Re: Re[2]: Win2000Pro to WinXp Pro Upgrade

>Is there a single place where all the intrusive aspects of XP are
>explained in some detail? I've heard bits and pieces, but would like
>to get an overall view of the whole mess.

Many of these intrusive features are implemented as services in Windows
XP, which you can configure from Start->Settings->Control
Panel->Administrative Tools->Services or from Start->Run and running
c:\windows\system32\services.msc

These services are explained in detail on
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm

The same site has suggested configuration settings for each (depending
on what you do with your computer) at

Also there are some "strange services" not part of WinXP but can appear
in your list:
http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/strangeservice.htm

--
 //  \