Re[2]: quiet cpu fan

Hello Gary,

GF> At the moment ambient temperature is probably 20C. The system temp
GF> is 31C and the cpu temp is 43C.

My +1800 averages around 33C on the board and 60C on the cpu with an
ambient of 28C. The tech note from AMD indicates 90C is the absolute
upper limit from the chip, but I have my redline set at 75C (default
is 86C). ASUS mobo sensing software.

Running Zalman flower cooler and 92mm fans, but I live in the tropics,
so ambient levels are quite high anyway.

>> > The only thing I can think of is that the new Athlons (the
>> Palamino core) run cooler than their predecessors. That's what I
>> heard.

Could be the case.