Re: TradeStation 6

Cab,

TS 6 is an online version of 4.0. Between these versions you have 5.0,
or what they called "TS2000i", which is a product that came out from a
company in the midst of a midlife crisis.  Fortunate that you did not
live through that!

Interestingly, however, TS 5.0 allowed you to hold a lot of tick data on
your hard drive.  It was free from any chart bar limitation.  It also
ventured beyond Easy Language and charting, by introducing trendy
components at the time and called them "Radar Screen" and "Option
Station" --all flops.

Then, when they released TS 5.0 they were in the process of resolving
their midlife crisis by entering the brokerage business.  After all, at
the time, brokerage was trendy, too. Why not?  The Barber, Chef, and
Garbage Man --all at the same time-- exercised the thought of mortgaging their houses to
daytrade.  So brokerage looked sexy at that time.

Unfortunately, they were intoxicated by the present time, forgot the past,
and were clueless of the future.  So, sorry to say, not much has improved since 4.0.

Surely 5.0 (TS2000i) allowed you to keep a lot of intraday data on your hard drive, and be able to
look at it without chart bar limitations.

Then 6.0 came along and you could even trade through it without the need to call your broker, or use
another piece of software to trade online.  However, the ability to
save and review gobs of intraday data was lost, simply because 6.0
requires Omega to manage tick data and it would be too overwhelming if
all their customers requested to download 5 years of tick data on the
fly.

In the end.  TS 6.0 is TS 4.0, but with the ability to execute online
orders.

What happened during all this time?  The company turned from a
trend setter to a trend follower.  It's hard because a lot of crazy stuff happened in
the trading business between 1996 and 2002.  Think of it as an
unexpected tidal wave.  Of course it effected Omega as well.

It's sad.

Nevertheless, open an account with Omega (now "TradeStation
Securities") and see TS 6 for yourself.