Re: cpu parts

Hello indextrader,

thanks for the warning but don't be shy--who are they?

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx

--
Monday, January 27, 2003, 10:33:42 AM, you wrote:

i> Recently, the HD on a 2yr old laptop went out and I shopped online for a
i> replacement.

i> Within 2 days, the replacement drive crashed too. After some "investigating"
i> I found out that my replacement drive was actually a "REFURBISHED" unit.
i> Something I would not have bought considering that the prices were virtually
i> the same. Actually I wouldn't even install a refurbished free drive. But the
i> whole thing looked very new and convincing to me. In fact if it wasn't for
i> it's quick failure I'd never known.

i> Anyway, the point of this message is simply to warn that there are a LOT of
i> internet websites selling used stuff and pretending it's new.

i> The particular site I bought this HD only acknowledged/informed that their
i> drives were "remanufactured" on a "about us" tab in the website's headings.

i> Just a heads-up.