RE: A New PC Recommendation

Things may have changed, but Dell used to use proprietary cases,
motherboards and power supplies. To use newer types of memory and processors
as they came along, you basically had to junk the computer, except for the
drives.

Can't say I agree with that. Dell has a 2.4 ghz Pentium for $599 and a $100
rebate too. I don't see why it's not just as upgradeable as anything you
would build.