From:  "Rakhal Dave <rakhal@xxxxxxxx>" <rakhal@xxxxxxxx>
Date:  Sun Jan 19, 2003  8:23 pm
Subject:  Feeding Tradestation with Olsen Data

Some of you - following this group - may be aware that we have been
actively pursuing how to get our real time data supplied in a form
which is friendly to Tradestation users.

We now have a first proposal for feeding Tradestation with data from
Olsen Data using:

Metaserver for DDE
http://tssupport.com/products/ms/demo/
(which costs $99)
A demo version supporting two symbols can apparently be downloaded
for free.

Our proposal is to extend our software
http://www.olsendata.com/ODCygwinPerl so that it
loads an excel sheet with DDE updates.
Metaserver for DDE can then be configured to pick up the data stream
from the Excel sheet. (Excel is regarded as the DDE server).

Please note we have no affiliation with http://tssupport.com
but regard the Metaserver for DDE software from TSSupport as a
straightforward bridge between our data supply and the Tradestation
application.

The object of this announcement is to see how receptive the
Tradestation community is to receiving data from Olsen Data in this
fashion. If you are a willing beta tester of our software or have
any other comments on this topic please let us know. (In the long
run - we will give special consideration to our beta testers and
those have made constructive comments in helping us serve you
better.)

Kind regards -Rakhal
Olsen Data (http://www.olsendata.com)

PS: The current version of our software can be downloaded from
http://www.olsendata.com/ODCygwinPerl
The software is associated with a demo account which dumps 30 lines
of real time data into excel files. It does NOT yet support DDE and
hence is not connected to Tradestation in real time - as we hope it
will be after release of the next version with DDE support.