Traders with DUAL Processors, please respond...

if you have a Dual processor with Qcharts and other software please advise on
its operational performance.

My machine :
Intel p3, 660 MHZ, Ram 384

I have QCollector running every 2.5 minutes, my custom built scanner runs
whenever I push the button. When one of these applications run on its own, the
CPU use hits 100%, so when they run together one application queues up on the
other, thus things slow down. And of course there is Qcharts running as well.

Possible solutions :
1) Get a more powerful Processor with more ram, but this will not removing the
queuing up of applications running at 100%, but reduce the queuing time.

2) Try Dual processor, and have each application running on its own processor,
so please advise me would there be a benefit.

Thx in Advance

Ian